Thursday, August 21, 2008

Lake Powell was Awesome!!!!!










Cory and Amy were able to find us a cool cave-like area to park the houseboat where we had shade the whole week. The cliffs even protected us from the rain.

We went on a great frog hunt and watched lots of movies on the roof of the houseboat. We had great weather, great company, and great fun. There was a huge storm the night before we left and waterfalls fell from all the cliffs surrounding us.


It was hard to leave and come home to start school a week later but we built some great memories. There's nothing quite like sleeping in a pitch black canyon with stars and a full moon staring down at you and the sound of 13 kids snoring in the darkness. What a party.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So fun! I love the picture of the two girls from the back, that is so cute!
I've never been to Lake Powell, it looks beautiful.

Cassie and Chad said...

CAN YOU SAY JEALOUS!!!! Oh my heck that looks amazing. What a great time, there is no other vacation like Lake Powell. Glad you guys had a good time and came home safe and sound...Lets do dinner!!!

Unknown said...

How fun! I have never been to Lake Powell. I'm jealous.
Steph, email me and let's do lunch sometime when the kids are in school. :)

LeChem Fam said...

What a great summer trip. I am still not sure how you keep track of that many kids. Way to go!!